So here’s our alternative Easter ‘What’s On Guide’ of activities and things to do at home this Easter…
- Easter Crafts: Now’s a perfect time to get crafting! There are so many things to do from cutting out egg shapes and decorating them to creating bunnies out of the middle of all that toilet roll with cotton wool. Or you can easily bunny face masks or hats made out of a paper band with bunny ears. Or you could have an Easter Nail Art salon!
- Easter Egg Hunt: Whether is be with chocolate eggs or other treats or even just clues on their own or a treasure hunt. We love a good old Easter Egg Hunt (with or without the chocolate).
- Easter Baking: Depending on what you have in there’s a few simple recipes you may be able to make (or create your own!). From chocolate corn flake buns and cakes to hot cross buns and we always enjoy a Sunday Dinner so it is Yorkshire Puddings for us! Use your imagination or even create a mud kitchen in the garden! (But obviously don’t eat mud!).
- Hatchimals Easter Bouquet is a great alternative to chocolate and flowers for children. We were gifted it to try it out and the girls loved hiding each flower in their own hunt they created. It’s a great gift too if you have more than one child as they ‘could’ share the bouquet and open a different flower each. They’re available here:Â https://amzn.to/2QViqmQ
- Pay-as-you-feel world class Ballet:
Get watching & dancing at home! Pay-as-you-feel…Ballet… such a great idea from @NorthernBallet to make their shows digital and accessible … https://northernballet.com/pay-as-you-feel-season
- Have your own Easter Dance Party! Put on some Easter songs and play party games.
Easter Bunny Live streaming at Home:
A new experience has been developed by the creators the Easter Bunny Live event, an annual live experience that was due to be touring the country to deliver the full Easter experience. Helen Nurse, Director of Fun for Wonder Adventures, explains; â€œDespite having to cancel the event, we didnâ€™t want anyone to miss out on the magic of Easter so weâ€™ve been working hard to take all the fun online for children to still experience at home.â€
The live-streamed event will deliver the same fun, imaginative entertainment as the live experience, all designed to get children involved and active together with their parents.
After registering for a chosen event date and time â€˜visitorsâ€™ will be directed to join a private Facebook group where the event will be securely broadcast.
During the online event the Easter Bunny will deliver storytelling, interactive games and riddles all of which the children join in at home. He will also run an egg hunt which families can do around their space and they will learn the new â€˜Easter Bunny Hop song and danceâ€™ â€“ a special single will be released especially for the event.
Helen Nurse adds; â€œDuring the event weâ€™ll be encouraging parents to send messages for personal Easter Bunny shout-outs as well.â€
The team behind the event, wonderadventures.co.uk, are a family run business include their own children as chief fun testers. They specialise in interactive experiences for under 10â€™s including live events and online interactive treasure hunts. Helen added; â€œWith our experience covering live and online content – taking the Easter event online seemed the obvious thing to do.â€
Helen, Director continues: â€œWe are passionate about providing imaginative play experiences, inspiring kids and encouraging children and parents to play interactively together and so it is actually more important than ever to provide this at home at what will be a challenging time for a lot of families. We want to still provide opportunities for families to experience special, fun moments together and make memories. And being able to bring this into the home as a live experience means families can mark Easter and do something together that is memorable.â€
Registration for the event is Â£5 per family. To register or for more information on the Easter Bunny Challenge LIVE online or the interactive treasure hunts go to http://www.wonderadventures.co.uk