A mouse took a walk through the deep, dark wood… and found itself at Leeds Playhouse. The Gruffalo, based on the bestselling picture book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler, will be joining its little furry friend in the Quarry theatre from Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th April.
Join Mouse on their daring adventure in Tall Stories’ magical, musical adaptation of the classic children’s favourite. Searching for hazelnuts, Mouse meets the cunning Fox, the eccentric old Owl and the high-spirited Snake. Will the story of the terrifying Gruffalo save Mouse from ending up as dinner for these hungry woodland creatures? After all, there’s no such thing as a Gruffalo – is there?
Expect songs, laughter and monstrous amounts of fun for children aged 3 and up and their grown-ups in this much-loved show that’s toured Britain and the world.
- Tall Stories’ The Gruffalo show premiered in the UK in 2001 and has been touring successfully around the world ever since.
- The Gruffalo picture book is the winner of numerous awards including the Nestle Smarties Book Prize Gold Award and Blue Peter Book Award.
- It has sold over 13.5 million copies worldwide and been translated into over 57 different languages.
- It was voted the UK’s favourite bedtime story by BBC Radio 2 listeners.
- The animated film adaptation of the book was nominated for an Oscar for Best Animation.
- The show has performed in 16 countries across 5 continents – including twice at Sydney Opera House, twice on Broadway, ten West End seasons and once at the National Theatre.
- The show has been translated into five languages (German, Spanish, Hebrew, Arabic and isiXhosa).