- Bradford-based skin specialist becomes TikTok star with her passion for cars
- Abigayle Andre, 29, has landed deals with some of the UK’s largest motor brands after going viral on the popular social media platform, launching this month.
- The car consumer expert has skyrocketed in popularity alongside the rise of electric cars sales in Europe which overtook diesel models for the first time in December.
- Abigayle who grew up with a fascination with cars, later worked in the industry before setting up her own businesses, is “living the dream” since being inundated with opportunities in the motor industry.
- Abigayle who has a predominately female client base with her businesses knows that Women are also the fastest-growing market of car buyers in the UK. Plus women are involved in 85 percent of buying decisions.
- From Tiktok to transforming her career : Abigayle has gone from talking on TikTok to presenting for London EV show and for commercials as well as pursuing her career as motor journalist.
- The TikTok star who used to work for the Volkswagen group accelerated into the spotlight shortly after setting up her channel in the second Lockdown.
- Abigayle manages to appeal to all sexes from her platform. She received 12 million views to her She Talks Cars TikTok channel in the last month alone.
TikTok has transformed the life of a Bradford-based businesswoman who shares her passion for cars on the popular social media platform.
Abigayle Andre, 29, started sharing her motoring knowledge in the second Lockdown and has since accelerated to success, landing deals with the UK’s most popular brands after going viral on the popular social media platform.
Abigayle said: “I have always had a love of cars and would read every motoring magazine and newspaper as a child. I started working for the Volkswagen Group in customer relations which sewed the seeds to where I am today.”
Abigayle continued her love of working with clients but as a beautician before setting up her own businesses.
“My love of motors never subsided and I discovered I would not just be working with women in my businesses, but recommending the perfect car for them too.”
Entrepreneur Abigayle who had a predominately female client base, quickly understood that Women are in fact the fastest-growing market of car buyers in the UK as well as being involved in 85 per cent of buying decisions.
She said: “It has always been a male-dominated industry internally but fortunately more forward-thinking brands now realise how important women are in the market.”
Trailblazer Abigayle has become a brand ambassador and presenter for a range of selective brands, after launching @SheTalksCars on TikTok in Lockdown Two.
She said: “I just wanted to give consumers the confidence to buy or, as I often advise, lease a vehicle, that is both value for money and stylish.
“I talk a lot about electric cars too because consumers are more conscious these days and I want to help them discover a motor that embodies all their needs because your vehicle says a lot about you.
“It’s been a whirlwind receiving so many offers from brands and opportunities but I am selective about who I work with as I have to believe what they do as my followers come first to me.”
For the first time in December Electric car sales in Europe surpassed diesel models.
More than a fifth of new cars sold across 18 European markets, including the UK, were powered exclusively by batteries, according to data compiled for the Financial Times by independent auto analyst Matthias Schmidt, while diesel cars, including diesel hybrids, accounted for less than 19 percent of sales.
Abigayle also felt a surge last month with 12 million organic views to her TikTok account in which she posts short helpful videos a few times a day.
“I feel like I am living the dream,” said the down-to-earth car fanatic who recently presented at the London EV show, the UK’s most important Electric Vehicles Conference & Expo Live. At the event she interviewed the likes of Quentin Wilson and Transport for London.
Abigayle who has acquired 55k followers within months, receives tens of messages daily from grateful customers who have purchased or in most cases, leased their ideal vehicle off the back of Abigayle’s advice.
“Leasing is rightly becoming one of the most popular ways of owning a car because it is much cheaper than financing options and buying a car because you’re only paying for the depreciation value.“I also react to the news such as the rise in fuel prices and how to save money or to make the most out of electric vehicles. I am always listening out for what will help people the most.
“My followers deserve honest up-to-date advice and I take that responsibility seriously.”
For more information, go to: shetalkscars.com follow @shetalkscars
Three tips to cut fuel costs:
1. Declutter your car – more weight in the car means more fuel consumption!
2. Keep your tyres pumped up – for every 10% of your tyres are underinflated, you’re using 3% more fuel! Keep them at manufacturer recommended pressure.
3. Don’t fill up a full tank – fuel is heavy… so while it seems a good idea to fill up… the weight of the fuel means more consumption!