A treasure hunt is taking place in Wakefield this August and below are the steps you need to take to complete it:
Start your treasure hunt at Wakefield Bus Station, opposite Lightwaves Leisure Centre.
– Exit Trinity Walk via The Works (you can always buy some loom bands or crafts from here).
– Head to Wakefield Cathedral and take a look inside – get some photos and video.
– Try and find the new statue outside the Cathedral near to The Ridings Centre. Get a photo by the controversial statue and a video of it.
– Walk through The Ridings and on the left on the top floor in the old Peter Jones shop you can pop in for some free crafts if you want.
– Go to The Reel cinema and try the new candy floss machine outside (get a photo and video of the machine).
– Head out of the bottom of The Ridings and onto kirkgate take a left and carry on walking until you see Hepworth Wakefield gallery and Tileyard. Explore the exhibition at The Hepworth explain you live in Wakefield so you get free entry. They also have an indoor and outdoor picnic area here for your lunch.
– Then hop on the free city bus and you can head back to the bus station or jump off near Wakefield Westgate so you can explore The ArtHouse and cafe here. Then just up from there head to Wakefield One where you can find Wakefield museum, Create Cafe and a library upstairs.
– Head out of the library and you’re almost back in the city centre.