This epic den is based in North Cave near Hull and it’s a gorgeous drive over the stunning River Humber for us as Poh Poh (my mum) drives from Sheffield to collect us via Wakefield.
After wowing us each year with their Halloween extravaganza event, we knew this Christmas experience had a lot to live up to.
From a human sized snow globe for photos and a snowball fight to bauble and gingerbread decorating and an awesome festive show followed off with a free trip to the toy shop, the kids were buzzing.
“Halloween was good but this is even better,” my daughters kept saying. This alone is impressive as the Halloween experience is one of our favourites in Yorkshire complete with a Trick or treat street, pumpkin picking and carving and a trail as well as the usual indoor and outdoor play area and den building.
On arrival we were greeted by the team of Elves who directed us around all the activities on offer. We could book in for the Christmas show, get tokens for the snow globe, Santa Claus and bauble decorating.
Here’s all about it from the William’s Den elves below:
Bauble the Baker, and Father Christmas have been working like mad to put together the most magical Christmas you’ve ever seen.
We can’t wait for you to join us in all the fun. In the meantime, here are some tips to ensure you all have the best time with us…
- We open our doors from 9:30 am to 5 pm – you can arrive anytime and our reception team will book you in for the Christmas Show on arrival, there are six shows during the day and there’s so much to see and do, so we suggest you allow at least 3-4 hours to enjoy everything!
- On arrival at Christmas HQ – we’ll give you a coloured wristband to wear so you can remember your show time along with a ticket to try out our brand new Snow Globe
- “William’s Wish” Christmas Show – is something you don’t want to miss! It takes place at William’s Theatre – located via the outside terrace to the right of the Teepee in the foldyard area. It’s also accessible for wheelchair users. Babies under 12 months should be in arms, and there’s a covered designated area for parking prams, buggies, etc.
- During the Christmas Show – you’ll get a chance to take a lovely picture with Father Christmas, say hello, and give him your Christmas wish list. So, don’t forget to be good & bring your list ?
- Special Christmas Toy Shop – all children over 12 months will get a token from Father Christmas to visit our Special Toy Shop, where they can choose an early Christmas gift.
- Decorate Gingerbread with “Bauble” – the kids can decorate gingerbread with “Bauble the Baker” any time during the day, except when “Bauble” is baking, so no session booking is required.
- Grown-ups are invited to indulge in mulled wine, complemented by “Bauble’s” delicious home-made mince pies too!
- Create a Christmas Bauble – if you’d like to add some extra Christmas magic you can join our workshop to decorate your own bauble – if you’d like to add this payable activity, please ask on arrival
We’d had a busy morning of play date collections and Mr Yorkshire needed a duvet day after a late night gig. So we were chuffed to actually be at the den for an afternoon of fun. Wow did we have that from 1pm- 5pm we managed to have lunch at the best cafe we’ve been at a play area then playing in the indoor den before watching the Christmas show.
At the show we met William, two elves aka the toy makers and then Santa. It was a creative compact interactive show and all the children were encouraged to jot down “something they want, something they need, something to share and something to read.”
Santa then posed for photos and handed out toy tokens for a fabulous range of gifts to choose from.
Next up we decorated gingerbread men and the parents were treated to mulled wine and mince pies should they want them.
Every detail of each activity had been carefully thought about and added to keep the whole family refreshed and entertained.
We finished off with a fun adventure decorating baubles (yes glitter included too) and then a fake snow fight in the snow globe.
Oh and don’t forget the now traditional homemade ice cream and trip to the loos before our journey home.
We couldn’t have asked for more from our day out and the staff as ever were super attentive, and friendly and kept offering me places to sit and rest so I could feed my newborn comfortably.