Do you or your children like dinosaurs, have a interest in them or just want to learn more about them? This Bank Holiday Saturday there are two events happening one in The Ridings and one in Trinity Walk, and you will find more information below:
FREE KIDS EVENT
Jurassic fun this Saturday, see the Baby Dinos FIRST at The Ridings 11am – 11.30am at the Tree Bar in front of T.K.Maxx before they make their way to their family in Trinity Walk – perfect for those little ones.
Thank to Wakefield BID for organising as part of the #EarthFestWFD festival.
Plus take part on the City Centre Dinosaur trail around the city centre at https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/love-exploring/id1291889815.
Please share with any family members of friend’s that may be interested in this jurassic event! â¤
#wakefield #wakefieldbid #events #entertainment
#shoplocal #lovelocal #dino #babydino #free #familyfriendly
Saturday 28th August
DINOSAURS ARE COMING TO TRINITY WALK WAKEFIELD! – Brought to you by Wakefield BID and Trinity Walk.
Come and have your picture taken with dinosaurs on Saturday August 28th!
You will also have opportunities to stroke the Dinosaurs and meet the handlers at this event. Never Seen before in Wakefield!
Featuring: Riding Dinosaurs, Triceratops, Baby Dinosaurs and Live Earth Stilt Walkers.
Dinosaur times are: 12:30, 13:30, 14:30 & 15:30
Live earth stilt walker times are: 12:00, 13:00, 14:00 & 15:00
Don’t miss this incredible event and be sure to bring the family down to make the most of the fun this Bank Holiday!
Check out the images below for more information.
â€œDinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the planet, but they are alive and well in our imaginations.â€ Steve Miller
To finish this blog, hereâ€™s some facts about Jurassic Park and Dinosaurs:
- Chip Kidd is behind that iconic logo.Â The iconic logo on the poster was adapted from designer Chip Kiddâ€™s T. rex skeleton drawing used for the original novel.
- To create realistic dinosaurs, effects artists had to get into character.
- The digital artists took videos of themselves acting like the Gallimimus herd for reference before they animated the stampede scene; it helped them create more realistic instinctive behavior. Â Meanwhile, Stan Winston’s crew built raptor suits … and got into them
- It took many different animals to create the T. Rex’s roar.
- The sound design of the T. rex’s roar was reportedly a composite of tiger, alligator, and baby elephant sounds. Â The deadly Dilophosaurus roar was created by combining howler monkeys, hawk screeches, rattlesnake hisses, and swan calls.
Dinosaurs are a group of reptiles that have lived on Earth for about 245 million years.
In 1842, the English naturalist Sir Richard Owen coined the term Dinosauria, derived from the Greek deinos, meaning â€œfearfully great,â€ and sauros, meaning â€œlizard.â€
Dinosaur fossils have been found on all seven continents.
All non-avian dinosaurs went extinct about 66 million years ago.
There are roughly 700 known species of extinct dinosaurs.
Let us know if you’re going along to this never seen before event right here in our city of Wakefield.