From a pumpkin spiced latte at Joy’s Coffee Bar to a tempting treat at Batch’d by Arrow Fresh or pick up a hand-made Pumpkin at Made and Found – Yorkshire on the upper mall as they have their very own Pumpkin Patch – here’s how you can celebrate Halloween at The Ridings.
- Pick up some gifts and goodies at The Ridings Halloween Speciality Fayre 29-30 October. With a wide range of stalls selling specialty products you’ll be certain to find something to treat yourself to. Plus on Sundays there’s free face painting – perfect for your own little monsters. On the hunt for fang-tastic costumes for your little ones? Visit Primark on the middle mall. Prices from just £12.
- Discover Halloween decor to give them ‘pumpkin’ to talk about. Poundland’s spooky, boo and striped pumpkins look right at home in this collection. Find them in the middle mall. Ceramic pumpkins – £2 each.
- Trick or treat? Pick up a treat to eat at Marks and Spencers and Morrison’s.
- Make Spooky Wooky Naan Ghosts with Wakefield’s and GBBO’s own Karen Wright. In support of Wakefield BID ‘Wicked Wakefield’ event and to make Wakefield City centre the place to be this Halloween, come and have some ghoulish, spooky fun and create some Naan ghosts on Saturday 29th October. Karen will show you how to make the perfect Spooky Wooky Naan Ghosts and devilish tomato and mango salsa, and it’s all FREE.
- Suitable for all ages and for the whole family, book your tickets now at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/karen-wright-spooky-wooky-naan-ghosts-tickets-430398121367 for the 11am session, https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/karen-wright-spooky-wooky-naan-ghosts-tickets-430406536537 for the 12.30pm session and https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/karen-wright-spooky-wooky-naan-ghosts-tickets-430405513477 for the 2pm session. Be quick, before they all disappear.
The Ridings is part of Wakefield BID’s Halloween celebrations, they will ensure that Wakefield becomes the spooky centre of Yorkshire.
Across the 28th and 29th October, the city centre will be turned into a unique experiential experience, with 2 standalone selfie rooms with 2 different spooky styles:
- The Birds – A Victorian-style street bench and lamppost with black crows, cobweb-covered, dark and haunting.
- Spider sitting room – A spooky seating where a giant spider is just ready to get you. Chesterfield sofa and haunt portraits covered with spider webs and a giant spider.
If visitors are brave enough, they are invited to use the rooms and encouraged to share their content for a chance to win shopping vouchers from a business in the city centre, fancy dress is encouraged.
Free face painting will be offered and a selection of dress up items for those who just want to take part on the day.
The city centre will be dressed in black crows, cobwebs, rats, and tarantulas to create visual impact throughout. Shop windows will be adorned with spooky display, giving an immersive feel across the city. Across both days a selection of strolling acts will perform such as Vampire stilt walkers, The Skeleton entertainers and Miss Havisham. This will create live theatre for all those that dare to visit.
Family workshops such as make and take activity to create glow in the dark scratch art, witch and wizard hat making and scary mask making will take place in different locations across the city centre.
#wakefieldbid #welovewakey #businesshelp #newbusiness #ilovelocal #lovelocal #scarywakey #wickedwakey
#wakefield #yorkshire #ilovelocal #ridingscentre #Halloween #Pumpkin #Autumn #handmadeshop #independantshop #collectiveshop #giftshop #gifts #local #localbusiness #localbusinesses #localbusinessowners #smallbusiness #smallbusinesses #smallbussinesssupport #localbusinesssupport #smallbusinessmarketing #theridingsshoppingcentre #theridings #wakefield #yorkshire #wakefieldshop #wakefieldbusiness #westyorkshire #yorkshireshop #shoplocal #shopsmall #supportlocal #supportsmall #supportsmallbusiness